- Online Forum
- Support Group
- Education vs Sales: The Ethics of Retailing by Cherie Sohnen-Moe - Massage therapists are in a unique position to provide adjunct client care through product sales.
- An Ounce of Prevention Can Save You a Lot of Heartache by Cherie Sohnen-Moe and Laura Allen - Skepticism regarding online claims is quite a healthy attitude.
- National Association of Trade Exchanges - NATE is a group of Trade Exchanges that are willing to teach, learn, and trade with each other.
- ITEX Corporation - a small business community and barter network
- International Reciprocal Trade Association - IRTA is committed to promoting just and equitable standards of practice and operation within the Modern Trade and Barter and other Alternative Capital Systems Industry, by raising the awareness and value of these processes to the entire Global Community.
- Business Mastery - Sohnen-Moe, Cherie. Business Mastery (4th Ed). Sohnen-Moe Associates, Inc., 2008. For the past two decades, Business Mastery has supported business owners in all realms to reach new levels of success. This book is written specifically for wellness professionals.
- Social Trigger Points, Massage Therapist Guide to Marketing Online - Beck, Stephanie. Social Trigger Points. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2013.
- Client Discharge Letter
- Retail Mastery: Your Unique Position as a Therapist - Receive a multitude of ideas on how to creatively sell retail products and grow them into an integrated revenue stream for your practice.
- Copyright Clearance Center - When you need permission to reuse content, turn to the rights licensing expert for simple, easy-to-use solutions.
- Free Digital Photos - Download free and premium stock photos and illustrations for websites, advertising materials, newspapers, magazines, ebooks, book covers and pages, music artwork, software applications and much more.
- TinyURL - Create a shortened URL for your link. Many URLs have become quite lengthy and may contain characters that confuse other programs, or simply be difficult to copy because of line wrapping. A shortened URL does not break in email postings and never expires.
- Bitly Brand Tools - Create a shortened URL for your link. The must-have for marketers to fuel branding, engagement, and understanding in the connected world.
- goo.gl - Google service. Create a shortened URL for your link.
Employer / Employee
- Spa Controversy by Cherie Sohnen-Moe - Is working at a spa franchise indentured servitude? Or an excellent career move?
- Ethics in the Spa Industry, by Ben E. Benjamin, phd, and Diane Trieste - It is critical for the spa industry to identify and adhere to certain minimum standards of practice; only in this way can it weed out the small percentage of practitioners who are emotionally troubled, deviant, or criminal.
In this article we outline in some detail the processes by which a spa can hire, train, and supervise massage theraists to be ethical and successful representatives of the spa, and to ensure a long-lasting and thriving business.
- Bavia - Hospital Massage and Wellness Services
Bavia in-hospital and in-home massage services heal and celebrate new moms and surgery patients right when they need it most—while they are still in the hospital! Celebrate yourself, a loved one or the expecting mother in your life with a Bavia service.
- The National Labor Relations Board - An independent federal agency that protects the rights of private sector employees to join together, with or without a union, to improve their wages and working conditions.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services - Charts to help determine if a provider is a covered entity.
- H. J. Ross Company - HIPAA Compliance Solution - A software product to assist small to medium businesses in meeting HIPAA compliance.
The Interactive HIPAA program walks you easily through your compliance project. Much of the structure of HIPAA compliance is required by law; however, your personal interaction with the HIPAA INTERACTIVE PROGRAM software allows you to create office-specific policies and procedures. This interactive information is automatically imported into your completed HIPAA compliance manuals and forms!
- Professional Association of Health Care Office Management - Medical Office Educational Resources. The goal of PAHCOM is improving the productivity and efficiency of healthcare offices.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - HIPAA Privacy Rule and Public Health. Information and guidance from the CDC and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (also includes many links).
- hipaa.com - HIPAA News. hipaa.com helps you stay current with extensive documentation, helpful resources and expert commentary.
- HIPAAeasy - DocuForms™. Forms to purchase for larger practices (200 and up forms per package).
- National Institutes of Health - Privacy Rule Booklet. Information on the Privacy Rule and understanding HIPAA.
- National Provider Identifier - Get your assigned National Provider Identifier.
- Physician's Practice - A variety of free forms (Notices, Benefits, Letters, Policies,. . .) in Microsoft Word format, both English and Spanish languages.
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse - HIPAA Basics. The HIPAA Basics guide explains the complex provisions of HIPAA's Privacy Rule as well as recent measures to strengthen privacy and data security. It covers HIPAA's high points and low points regarding your health privacy. It includes a Reference section.
- United States Department of Health and Human Services - Health Information Privacy
Psychology / Mental Health
- Bodynamic Institute USA - Somatic Developmental Psychology Training. The Bodynamic Institute offers workshops and advanced courses for certification in Bodynamic Analysis, a unique system of somatic developmental psychology.
- Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute - Continuing Education For Mental Health Professionals. Offers a naturalistic approach to the resolution and healing of trauma by Peter Levine, the creator of the somatic experiencing approach to trauma.
- Find-A-Therapist - Search through Find-a-Therapist's directory of verified therapists, psychologists, marriage and family counselors, social workers, licensed professional counselors and psychiatrists.
- Healing Ethics - An ethics research project. For the benefit of both healers and clients, this project aims to provide a comprehensive look at the personal stories of ethics dilemmas within healing professions, including both traditional health care (medicine, nursing, psychology, etc) and complementary & alternative health care (massage, yoga, meditation, acupuncture, etc).
- Massage School Notes: How Can I Help? by Julie Onofrio - Knowing why and how you help can assist you in going deeper into your process of healing and self growth.
- Massage Practice Builder - This site is Julie Onofrio's gift to the massage profession because her career in massage has been such a wonderful journey and her goal is to help others in the struggles in becoming a very successful massage therapist. She offers advice and resources in many different formats, including, blogs, articles, courses, and coaching.
- American Nurses Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Massage Therapy Association - Mentoring Program. Our Mentoring Program was launched to help improve communication skills, goal-setting, and success planning for AMTA members just entering the massage therapy profession.
- Case Management Society of America - The Case Management Society of America is the leading membership association providing professional collaboration across the healthcare continuum to advocate for patients’ wellbeing and improved health outcomes by fostering case management growth and development, impacting health care policy, and providing evidence-based tools and resources.
- Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards
- National Association of Social Workers
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Facebook - Connect with friends and the world
- LinkedIn - Connect, share ideas, and discover opportunities
- Massage and Bodywork Professionals - An open community for massage and bodywork therapists. Powered by Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP.com).
- Hara Center - The Hara Center offers professional support and advocacy. Too many people in the healing profession find themselves alone and without a sense of community or help in traversing the territory of working intimately with others. A kind and continuous connection to an experienced helper provides a structure and context to explore their struggles, have their strengths and talents reflected back to them, and to move through places of confusion as they break through to new levels of insight and professionalism. The deep work of supervision develops the heart in a mindful and compassionate way and offers an education from the inside out. An organic process, it encourages practitioners to work from their centers and develop a unique synthesis of their work.
- eHow: How to Resolve Ethical Dilemmas - "Solving these complicated issues is not easy. That's why analyzing the ethical issue before making a decision is extremely significant." This article offers steps to resolve ethical dilemmas.
- International Coach Federation - The International Coach Federation seeks to Advance the Art, Science and Practice of Professional Coaching.
Trauma / Abuse
Copyright © 2001-2017 Sohnen-Moe Associates, Inc